Would a career in fashion be something that interests you?
You might uncover some big employment prospects for creative individuals in the fashion industry with exciting, interesting work in design, retail planning, advertising, merchandising, purchasing, media, promotional activities and more.
One of the major factors that helps in achieving your first job in this challenging sector is you should obtain the correct professional instruction. (Although knowing a parent or sister already in the industry won’t hurt either.)
Where Will I Go to School?
A few of the biggest towns in the USA are home to a university or college that is focused somewhat to fashion education.
There are campus-based institutions in one of these bigger cities. You may instead choose to take all your lessons totally online.
There are very few internet based specialty colleges and schools that present programs and classes that might get your prepared for your initial job opportunity within this career segment. These schools may likely deliver training programs from some classes to a certificate of completion or associate’s degree to a comprehensive four-year Degree in Fashion Design.
What Will I Learn?
Simply because a great many occupation jobs in this segment blend business with creative elements such as art and design, these colleges and schools offer coursework in fundamental business areas, fashion, design, retailing and communications.
A number of of the lessons you may go through within your official degree instruction might contain:
– general art and design basics
– sales and buying administration
– fashion merchandising
– product marketing
– apparel accessories
– graphic merchandising
– clothing essentials
– retail administration
As you go through the combination of traditional business modules, fashion and apparel development instruction, design classes, advertising and merchandising coursework, you will start to assemble the reasonable foundation of experience and skill sets that are needed for a prosperous career.
What Can I Do Next?
Like most journeys, a next professional career starts off with a simple, small action. And you may get started with your new journey right now.
You should read through details about individual degrees, classes and preparation programs at one or more schools close to you or online.
Here are a few to consider:
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Fashion Design (AS)
- Fashion Design (BA)
- Fashion Design (BFA)
- And more...
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- AAS in Business Administration - Retail Management
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Business Management & Accounting - Retail Sales Management (AAS)
- Looking for an Online Business Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Take a look at more career choices – CO legal office class.