Are you interested in becoming a fashion designer?
There are some big work options for you in the big world of fashion with exciting, intense positions in design, retail support, marketing and advertising, merchandising, buying, media, creative support and more.
One of the big factors that helps with finding your very first position in this intriguing sector is you have to acquire the best formal instruction. (Although having a brother or sister in the industry wouldn’t hurt either.)
Where Could I Attend School?
Many of the bigger cities in the USA have a college or university that is centered in some part to fashion education and learning.
There are traditional colleges in one of those bigger cities. Or you can instead make the decision to receive your lessons totally online.
There are just a few internet based specialty schools which offer degree programs and education that can get you ready for an initial job opportunity in this industry. These types of schools may provide education from a small number of individual courses to a certification of completion or associate’s degree to a complete Bachelor Degree in Fashion Merchandising.
What Will I Learn?
Given that a lot of working positions in this niche mix commerce with creative essentials such as design and art, these colleges present classes in basic business areas, fashion, style and design, merchandising and general studies.
A few of the individual classes you may receive while in your formal diploma preparation could contain:
– basic art and core design
– retailing and merchandising
– apparel accessories
– visual merchandising
– product marketing and advertising
– sales and buying operations
– apparel basics
– retail and online management
Once you complete the various traditional business training, fashion and accessory development education, design and style instruction, marketing and merchandising instruction, you will begin to put together the sound base of know-how and competence that are essential for a very successful career.
What Should I Do Soon?
Like most journeys, a new career starts off with one single, small move. And you can certainly start your brand new journey today.
You could look over details regarding individual degrees, curriculum and instruction programs at these colleges close to you.
Some local and online schools:
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Fashion Design (BFA)
- Fashion Marketing & Management (BA)
- Fashion Merchandising (AA)
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- AAS in Business Administration - Retail Management
IL students can have more career options – earn a degree in something else.