Are you thinking about training to become a fashion designer?
You might uncover some exciting employment possibilities for ambitious individuals in the business of fashion with stimulating, lively careers in design, sales, advertising, merchandising, buying, public relations, administrative support and more.
One of the tricks that helps in attaining your first position in this sector is you should really obtain the best professional instruction. (Although having a very good friend already in the industry would not hurt either.)
Where Could I Study?
Many of the biggest cities in the nation are home to a university or college that is dedicated in some way to fashion education and learning.
You may find conventional universities in some of a larger city such as New York, Chicago, Miami or possibly Indianapolis. Or you might also choose to complete all of your classes entirely online.
Right now there are just a few web based specialty colleges or other schools which have programs and coursework that will get you ready for an initial job in this industry. These types of schools could possibly furnish training programs from some courses to a certificate or associate diploma to a comprehensive Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design.
What Would I Learn?
Because a lot of working positions in this business partner business with creative factors such as art and design, these colleges and schools supply individual classes in standard business categories, fashion, style and design, merchandising and general studies.
A number of of the sessions you may take in the course of your formal degree instruction could include:
– basic art & core design
– fashion merchandising
– retail marketing
– sales administration
– clothing fundamentals
– apparel accessories
– visual merchandising & promotions
– retail administration
Once you complete the combination of business lessons, fashion and accessory construction lessons, design instructions, sales and merchandising education, you will begin to assemble the strong base of awareness and talents that are essential for a thriving career.
What Can I Do Now?
Like all journeys, your next professional career gets underway with just one small action. And you can certainly initiate your new journey now.
You are able to browse details about degrees, curriculum and education programs at one of these Indiana schools near you.
A few local and online options:
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Fashion Design (BA)
- Fashion Marketing & Management (BS)
- Fashion Marketing (BS)
- And more...
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- AAS in Business Administration - Retail Management
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- BA/Service Management - Mass-market Retail Enterprise Management
IN students can have other career alternatives – choose a different degree.