Are you thinking about training to become a fashion designer?
You might uncover some exciting employment possibilities for ambitious individuals in the business of fashion with stimulating, lively careers in design, sales, advertising, merchandising, buying, public relations, administrative support and more.
One of the tricks that helps in attaining your first position in this sector is you should really obtain the best professional instruction. (Although having a very good friend already in the industry would not hurt either.)
Where Could I Study?
Many of the biggest cities in the nation are home to a university or college that is dedicated in some way to fashion education and learning.
You may find conventional universities in some of a larger city such as New York, Chicago, Miami or possibly Indianapolis. Or you might also choose to complete all of your classes entirely online.
Right now there are just a few web based specialty colleges or other schools which have programs and coursework that will get you ready for an initial job in this industry. These types of schools could possibly furnish training programs from some courses to a certificate or associate diploma to a comprehensive Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design.
What Would I Learn?
Because a lot of working positions in this business partner business with creative factors such as art and design, these colleges and schools supply individual classes in standard business categories, fashion, style and design, merchandising and general studies.
A number of of the sessions you may take in the course of your formal degree instruction could include:
– basic art & core design
– fashion merchandising
– retail marketing
– sales administration
– clothing fundamentals
– apparel accessories
– visual merchandising & promotions
– retail administration
Once you complete the combination of business lessons, fashion and accessory construction lessons, design instructions, sales and merchandising education, you will begin to assemble the strong base of awareness and talents that are essential for a thriving career.
What Can I Do Now?
Like all journeys, your next professional career gets underway with just one small action. And you can certainly initiate your new journey now.
You are able to browse details about degrees, curriculum and education programs at one of these Indiana schools near you.
A few local and online options:
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway
- Design, media arts, fashion, and culinary programs available, with over 50 locations nationwide
- Designated Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources needed to learn
- Fashion Design (BFA)
- Fashion Marketing & Management (BA)
- Fashion Merchandising (AA)
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- AAS in Business Administration - Retail Management
IN students can have other career alternatives – choose a different degree.