So, you’re thinking about majoring in fashion design?
You might uncover some good employment possibilities for ambitious individuals in the world of fashion with fun, interesting positions in development, retail sales, marketing, product merchandising, buying, multimedia, promotional activities and more.
One of the big factors to landing your initial position in this lively sector is you should complete the correct professional instruction. (Although knowing a sister or brother already in the industry can’t hurt either.)
Where Should I Attend School?
Several of the bigger cities in the country are home to a university that is focused somewhat to fashion education and learning.
You may find conventional colleges in some of those bigger cities. You can instead make the decision to complete all your instruction entirely online.
There are a couple of internet based design colleges that have degree programs and instruction that will get you ready for an entry position in this career field. These types of schools might have instruction from several individual classes to a certification of completion or associate’s diploma to a complete Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design.
What Might I Study?
Given that a great deal of working positions in the field combine traditional business with creative aspects such as art and design, these colleges or other schools will offer instruction in basic business categories, fashion, style, retailing and general studies.
A number of of the courses you may undertake in your formal diploma instruction may well contain:
– product marketing
– art and design basics
– retailing and merchandising
– apparel fundamentals
– accessory design
– visual merchandising
– sales operations
– retail store management
As you complete the various traditional business classes, fashion and apparel development coursework, design instructions, advertising and merchandising training, you will start to create the secure base of expertise and competence that are essential for a thriving career.
What Can I Do Now?
Like all journeys, a new professional career begins with just one small action. And you might kick off your exciting new journey right away.
You might look at details regarding degree levels, classes and instruction packages at one or more colleges near you.
Local or online choices:
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- AAS in Business Administration - Retail Management
- Looking for an Online Business Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
IA students can have additional degree choices – pick a different occupation.