Are you right for a career in fashion design?
There can be some big employment prospects for you in the broad world of fashion with satisfying, lively positions in design, retail planning, marketing and advertising, merchandising, purchasing, public relations, promotions and more.
One of the big factors that helps with locating your initial job in this intriguing field is you will want to complete the appropriate professional instruction. (Although having a friend already in the industry wouldn’t hurt either.)
Where Can I Attend School?
Many of the major towns in the USA have a college that is centered in some way to fashion education.
There can be campus-based universities in some of those larger cities. You might instead opt to just take all of the instruction totally online.
Right now there are a handful of online design colleges which have degree programs and education that may get you ready for your entry position inside this career segment. These types of institutions could possibly furnish training from three or four courses to a certificate of completion or associate’s diploma to a comprehensive Bachelor Degree in Fashion Design.
What Would I Study?
Given that lots of occupation positions in the niche merge business with creative attributes such as art and design, these schools feature education in general business categories, fashion, design, retailing and general studies.
Some of the training courses you may undertake in your formal diploma education might contain:
– basic art & design basics
– clothing basics
– retail merchandising
– retail marketing
– accessory design
– graphic merchandising & promotions
– sales management
– store management
While you go through the combination of traditional business classes, fashion and accessory construction education, core design instruction, marketing and retailing courses, you will begin to create the sturdy base of practical knowledge and relevant skills that are required for a long-lasting career.
So What Do I Do Now?
Like all journeys, your new career gets underway with a simple, small move. And you may commence your next journey today.
You could view details regarding degrees, courses and instruction programs at one of these colleges close to you or online.
Here are a few choices:
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Fashion Design (AS)
- Fashion Design (BA)
- Fashion Design (BFA)
- And more...
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- AAS in Business Administration - Retail Management
- Looking for an Online Business Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
KS students can find more career training options – get into something else.