Are you thinking about starting a career in fashion?
You might uncover some fun and rewarding work opportunities for you in the world of fashion with satisfying, lively career positions in design, retail planning, marketing and advertising, product merchandising, purchasing, multimedia, administrative support and more.
One of the techniques that helps with landing your initial job in this lively industry is you will have to get the appropriate professional preparation. (Although having a sister or brother already in the business will never hurt either.)
Where Can I Study?
Several of the major cities in the USA are home to a professional training program that is devoted in some part to fashion education.
You may find campus universities in some of these larger cities. You may also arrange to take all of your classes entirely online.
There are a couple of internet based specialty colleges which provide programs and courses that will get you ready for your first position within this field. These types of schools might deliver instruction from several courses to a certification or associate degree to a full four-year Degree in Fashion Merchandising.
What Would I Learn?
Because a great deal of work roles in this business mix business with creative elements such as art and design, these colleges have classes in basic business topics, fashion, design, marketing and related studies.
Many of the courses you may complete in the course of your official degree preparation will probably contain:
– fashion merchandising
– sales and buying administration
– apparel basics
– product marketing
– apparel accessories
– art history and core design
– visual merchandising
– retail and online administration
Once you complete the multiple traditional business modules, fashion and apparel creation coursework, style and design guidance, promotions and merchandising lessons, you will start to construct the secure foundation of understanding and talents that are required for a professional career.
What Should I Do Now?
Like all journeys, a new professional career starts off with a simple, small move. And you should get started with your brand new journey right now.
You can look at information about individual degrees, courses and training programs at one of these schools near you.
Take a look at some choices:
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Fashion Marketing & Management (BA)
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- AAS in Business Administration - Retail Management
- Looking for an Online Business Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
KY students can see other career training choices. Learn about KY alternatives.