Do you think you would match well with a career in fashion design?
You might uncover big employment possibilities for ambitious individuals in the fashion industry with stimulating, energetic positions in design and style, retail sales, advertising, product merchandising, buying, public relations, promotional activities and more.
One of the big factors that helps with acquiring your very first job in this lively field is you should really get the proper formal teaching. (Although having a sister or parent in the industry will not hurt either.)
Where Would I Study?
Some of the bigger metropolitan areas in the USA have a professional training program that is focused in some part to fashion education.
There could be campus institutions in some of those bigger cities. Or you will also elect to complete all of your classes entirely online.
Right now there are a couple of web-based design colleges and schools which present programs and courses that will prepare you for your entry job within this career field. These schools might offer training from some individual classes to a certificate of completion or associate diploma to a full four-year Degree in Fashion Design.
What Might I Study?
Considering that many work positions in this segment fuse traditional business with creative details such as art and design, these colleges and schools will provide individual courses in general business areas, fashion, style, marketing and communications.
A number of of the training sessions you may complete in your formal diploma education might just contain:
– general art and design
– apparel essentials
– visual merchandising and promotions
– retail merchandising
– product advertising and marketing
– sales and buying management
– store administration
While you do the mix of business training, fashion and accessory construction classes, design guidance, promotion and merchandising instruction, you will start to put together the solid base of experience and relevant skills that are needed for a thriving career.
So What Do I Do Now?
Like all journeys, a next career gets underway with a simple, small step. And you should get going with your next journey right now.
You can look into information regarding degree levels, classes and instruction packages at one of these colleges in your town.
Check out some popular choices:
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- AAS in Business Administration - Retail Management
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration : Retail Management
ME students might look into other career alternatives. Check out more ME careers.