A career as a fashion designer can be interesting and rewarding.
There may be some fun and rewarding possibilities for creative individuals in the world of fashion with enjoyable, interesting career positions in design, sales, advertising, merchandising, purchasing, multimedia, administrative support and more.
One of the secrets for attaining your primary position in this interesting field is you have got to receive the correct professional instruction. (Although knowing a best friend already in the industry can’t hurt either.)
Where Would I Study?
A few of the major cities in the country are home to a university that is targeted in some way to fashion education and learning.
There could be traditional institutions in some of those larger cities. You may instead elect to take all your classes totally online.
There are a handful of web based design colleges and schools which have programs and education that may train you for your initial position inside this career segment. These particular schools could have training programs from a couple of individual courses to a certificate or associate’s diploma to a full four-year Degree in Fashion Merchandising.
What Would I Learn?
Since a large number of working positions in this area merge commerce with creative essentials such as design and art, these colleges and schools will provide classes in typical business categories, fashion, style, marketing and production.
A number of of the training courses you may receive in your official degree training could include:
– general art and design
– graphic merchandising
– product merchandising
– sales and buying operations
– retail advertising and marketing
– clothing essentials
– retail and online management
Once you do the multiple business classes, fashion and accessory construction classes, design classes, promotion and retailing education, you will start to construct the sensible base of understanding and competence that are essential for a successful career.
What Do I Do Next?
Just like all journeys, a next career starts off with a simple, small step. And you might get started with your exciting new journey now.
You could read through details about degrees, classes and education programs at one of these colleges in your area.
Options for Massachusetts students:
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Fashion Design (AS)
- Fashion Design (BA)
- Fashion Design (BFA)
- And more...
Boston residents have a good deal of other education options, see diplomas in different fields.