Do you have an interest in becoming a fashion designer?
You might find some fantastic work prospects for you in the fashion industry with stimulating, interesting positions in development, retail support, marketing, merchandising, purchasing, media, creative support and more.
One of the tactics that helps in securing your primary position in this lively sector is you should obtain the best formal preparation. (Although knowing a best friend in the business can’t hurt either.)
Where Will I Go to School?
Several of the largest towns in the country are home to a college that is targeted in some part to fashion education and learning.
There are traditional institutions in one of those bigger cities. Or you might instead opt to take on your courses completely online.
There are just a couple internet based design schools which have programs and training that can get you ready for your entry job opportunity within this career field. These types of schools could deliver training from just a few individual courses to a certification of completion or associate’s diploma to a full four-year Degree in Fashion Marketing.
What Might I Study?
Since a large number of career roles in this area merge business with creative attributes such as art and design, these colleges and schools will provide instruction in traditional business categories, fashion, style, merchandising and related studies.
Many of the courses you may take during your formal degree instruction could include:
– general art and design basics
– retailing and merchandising
– product marketing
– sales and buying operations
– clothing basics
– apparel accessories
– graphic merchandising and promotions
– retail operations
As you go through the combination of business lessons, fashion and accessory production courses, design and style courses, promotions and retailing coursework, you will begin to build the solid foundation of information and skill sets that are essential for a thriving career.
So What Do I Do Soon?
Just like all journeys, your next career starts with one single, small action. And you can launch your brand new journey right now.
You are able to look over information about degree levels, classes and education programs at these colleges near you.
Schools you might consider:
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- AAS in Business Administration - Retail Management
Students can see other options in MS. Learn more about Mississippi education programs.