Does working as a fashion designer sound good to you?
There may be great work opportunities for individuals in the big world of fashion with fun, intense career positions in design, retail planning, marketing and advertising, product merchandising, purchasing, public relations, administrative support and more.
One of the top factors that helps with securing your first position in this challenging sector is you must acquire the proper formal training. (Although knowing a friend already in the business won’t hurt either.)
Where Would I Study?
A few of the main cities in the nation have a college that is focused in some part to fashion education and learning.
You might enroll at one of the campus-based institutions in some of these bigger cities. You will also decide to complete your training completely online.
Right now there are very few web based specialty colleges and schools which have programs and coursework that might train you for your initial job opportunity inside this industry. These schools can offer instruction from three or four individual courses to a certificate or associate’s degree to a complete Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Merchandising.
What Might I Learn?
Considering that the majority of career jobs in this segment mix commerce with creative essentials such as art and design, these colleges and schools feature instruction in general business categories, fashion, style, marketing and production.
Several of the courses you may undertake throughout your official degree education will probably contain:
– fashion merchandising
– retail marketing and advertising
– general art and core design
– sales and buying administration
– clothing fundamentals
– visual merchandising
– retail store operations
Once you go through the mix of traditional business classes, fashion products creation sessions, design training, sales and retailing education, you will begin to assemble the reasonable foundation of knowledge and relevant skills that are vital for a long-lasting career.
So What Do I Do Soon?
Like most journeys, a next professional career starts off with a simple, small action. And you should kick off your exciting new journey right now.
You should look at details regarding degrees, classes and instruction packages at one or more schools near you.
There are some good options:
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Fashion Design (AS)
- Fashion Design (BA)
- Fashion Design (BFA)
- And more...
The Berkeley Advantage®is preparing students for professional and personal successt. From career-focused degree and certificate programs offered in some of today’s most in-demand professions to extensive support resources, YOU are at the center of everything we do at Berkeley. Our commitment to students begins with their very first inquiries.
- AAS in Fashion Marketing & Management
- BBA, Fashion Marketing & Mgmt
- BS in Fashion Marketing & Management
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- AAS in Business Administration - Retail Management
- Looking for an Online Business Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Newark students have plenty of other education choices – Vocational Schools Online.com.