Has the fashion career field always interested you?
There’s some fun and rewarding job opportunities for ambitious individuals in the fashion industry with stimulating, lively positions in style and design, retail sales, marketing and advertising, product merchandising, purchasing, media, promotions and more.
One of the big factors that helps with obtaining your initial job in this industry is you have to get the best formal teaching. (Although knowing a close friend in the industry does not hurt either.)
Where Would I Attend School?
Many of the largest cities in the nation have a school that is dedicated in some way to fashion instruction.
There can be campus institutions in some of those larger cities. Or you might instead choose to receive all of your instruction totally online.
There are a handful of web based design colleges and schools which offer programs and education that might get your prepared for an initial job opportunity inside this career field. These particular institutions may likely provide training programs from just a few courses to a certification of completion or associate’s degree to a comprehensive Bachelor Degree in Fashion Design.
What Will I Study?
Simply because a large number of work roles in this business combine traditional business with creative factors such as art and design, these colleges and schools deliver instruction in basic business areas, fashion, style, marketing and related studies.
Some of the training courses you may complete in your official diploma preparation might just contain:
– apparel fundamentals
– art and core design
– product marketing
– sales administration
– retailing and merchandising
– accessory design
– visual merchandising and promotions
– retail and online administration
As you do the multiple business lessons, fashion and apparel design instruction, core design education, sales and retailing lessons, you will begin to assemble the formidable base of education and skills that are necessary for a prosperous career.
What Do I Do Next?
Like all journeys, your new career begins with one small step. And you might get started in your next journey right away.
You are able to discover information regarding degrees, courses and preparation programs at one of these colleges in your area.
Schools you could consider:
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- AAS in Business Administration - Retail Management
You aren’t stuck with just this career field. There are alternatives. Discover more at this page.