Have you considered going to school to become a fashion designer?
You might uncover great options for creative individuals in the business of fashion with fun, interesting work in style and design, retail planning, marketing and advertising, merchandising, purchasing, multimedia, promotional activities and more.
One of the factors for landing your primary job in this intriguing industry is you should receive the right formal instruction. (Although knowing a member of the family already in the business won’t hurt either.)
Where Will I Study?
Many of the largest towns in the country are home to a college or university that is dedicated in some way to fashion education.
You might find campus-based institutions in one of these bigger cities. Or you will instead plan to take on all your coursework totally online.
Right now there are a handful of online specialty institutions that have programs and classes that may get you ready for your first position within this industry. These particular institutions could very well deliver instruction from just a few classes to a certificate or associate’s degree to a comprehensive Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Marketing.
What Might I Study?
Given that a lot of career roles in this industry blend commerce with creative attributes such as design and art, these schools furnish instruction in conventional business areas, fashion, design, merchandising and related studies.
A few of the curriculum you may go through while in your formal degree preparation will include:
– art history and core design
– retail merchandising
– retail advertising and marketing
– sales and buying operations
– clothing fundamentals
– accessory design
– visual merchandising and promotions
– store administration
Once you finish the multiple traditional business courses, fashion products development sessions, design and style courses, promotion and merchandising lessons, you will begin to create the strong base of education and talents that are essential for a thriving career.
What Should I Do Soon?
Just like all journeys, your next career starts with just a single small move. And you can certainly get started in your brand new journey right away.
You can scan details about degree levels, classes and education packages at one of these schools close to you.
Take a look at these schools:
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Fashion Design (AS)
- Fashion Design (BA)
- Fashion Design (BFA)
- And more...
The Berkeley Advantage®is preparing students for professional and personal successt. From career-focused degree and certificate programs offered in some of today’s most in-demand professions to extensive support resources, YOU are at the center of everything we do at Berkeley. Our commitment to students begins with their very first inquiries.
- AAS in Fashion Marketing & Management
- BBA, Fashion Marketing & Mgmt
- BS in Fashion Marketing & Management
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- AAS in Business Administration - Retail Management
There are other options in NYC if you want to look. Check out details on technology at this page.