Fashion can be a great career — is it right for you?
You might uncover big employment prospects for creative individuals in the fashion business sector with satisfying, dynamic positions in design and style, sales, advertising and marketing, merchandising, purchasing, public relations, creative support and more.
One of the tips for finding your first position in this interesting business is you need to receive the right professional training. (Although knowing a family member in the industry will never hurt either.)
Where Can I Go to School?
Some of the largest cities in the nation are home to a university or college that is dedicated in some way to fashion education.
There might be traditional universities in some of those bigger cities. You can also plan to receive all of your coursework entirely online.
Right now there are just a couple online specialty colleges or other schools which have programs and instruction that can get you ready for an initial job position inside this industry. These institutions could present training from some individual classes to a certificate or associate’s diploma to a comprehensive Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Merchandising.
What Might I Learn?
Simply because the majority of working positions in the industry mix traditional business with creative elements such as art and design, these institutions present individual classes in basic business topics, fashion, style, marketing and production.
Some of the individual courses you may go through in the course of your official diploma instruction may contain:
– basic art and design basics
– fashion merchandising
– retail marketing and advertising
– sales and buying management
– clothing fundamentals
– apparel accessories
– visual merchandising
– store operations
Once you complete the different business courses, fashion and accessory creation training, design and style education, sales and retailing curriculum, you will begin to create the reasonable foundation of experience and talents that are necessary for a very successful career.
What Can I Do Now?
Like all journeys, your new career starts off with one single, small move. And you can certainly kick off your exciting new journey right away.
You could discover details regarding individual degrees, classes and training packages at one of these schools in your town or online.
Take a look at these options:
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Fashion Design (AS)
- Fashion Marketing & Management (AS)
- Fashion Marketing & Management (BA)
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- AAS in Business Administration - Retail Management
- Looking for an Online Business Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
There are more options in NC if you care to look. See more at this NC page.