Thinking about going to school for a fashion design degree?
There could be fantastic employment opportunities for ambitious individuals in the broad fashion business with satisfying, dynamic positions in development, sales, advertising, product merchandising, purchasing, media, creative support and more.
One of the top keys to finding your first job in this interesting industry is you will want to complete the correct professional teaching. (Although knowing a friend in the industry will never hurt either.)
Where Could I Study?
Some of the main metropolitan areas in the USA have a university that is devoted somewhat to fashion instruction.
There are campus-based universities in one of those larger cities. Or you may also plan to receive all of the lessons totally online.
Right now there are a handful of web based specialty schools that deliver degree programs and classes that will train you for your entry position inside this career segment. These particular schools could very well provide training from a handful of courses to a certification or associate’s degree to a full Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Marketing.
What Might I Study?
Considering that a lot of job positions in this area merge commerce with creative factors such as art and design, these institutions present instruction in traditional business areas, fashion, style, marketing and general studies.
A few of the lessons you may complete in your formal degree preparation may well include:
– art history and core design
– sales operations
– retailing and merchandising
– apparel concepts
– product marketing
– visual merchandising
– retail management
While you finish the different traditional business classes, fashion and apparel construction sessions, style and design lessons, sales and merchandising curriculum, you will begin to create the consistent foundation of information and skills that are vital for a very successful career.
So What Do I Do Next?
Like all journeys, a new career begins with one single, small action. And you could get started with your exciting new journey right now.
You may easily browse information about degree levels, curriculum and education programs at these schools near you.
These schools offer degree programs:
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Fashion Design (BFA)
- Fashion Marketing & Management (BA)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- AAS in Business Administration - Retail Management
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- BA/Service Management - Mass-market Retail Enterprise Management
OH has other career options in technology. Look at other career training in Ohio.