Thinking about going to school for a fashion design degree?
There could be fantastic employment opportunities for ambitious individuals in the broad fashion business with satisfying, dynamic positions in development, sales, advertising, product merchandising, purchasing, media, creative support and more.
One of the top keys to finding your first job in this interesting industry is you will want to complete the correct professional teaching. (Although knowing a friend in the industry will never hurt either.)
Where Could I Study?
Some of the main metropolitan areas in the USA have a university that is devoted somewhat to fashion instruction.
There are campus-based universities in one of those larger cities. Or you may also plan to receive all of the lessons totally online.
Right now there are a handful of web based specialty schools that deliver degree programs and classes that will train you for your entry position inside this career segment. These particular schools could very well provide training from a handful of courses to a certification or associate’s degree to a full Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Marketing.
What Might I Study?
Considering that a lot of job positions in this area merge commerce with creative factors such as art and design, these institutions present instruction in traditional business areas, fashion, style, marketing and general studies.
A few of the lessons you may complete in your formal degree preparation may well include:
– art history and core design
– sales operations
– retailing and merchandising
– apparel concepts
– product marketing
– visual merchandising
– retail management
While you finish the different traditional business classes, fashion and apparel construction sessions, style and design lessons, sales and merchandising curriculum, you will begin to create the consistent foundation of information and skills that are vital for a very successful career.
So What Do I Do Next?
Like all journeys, a new career begins with one single, small action. And you could get started with your exciting new journey right now.
You may easily browse information about degree levels, curriculum and education programs at these schools near you.
These schools offer degree programs:
- Bachelor's programs in the areas of Advertising, Web Design, and more.
- Curriculum focuses on teaching aspiring creative professionals the fundamentals of advertising and design.
- Courses cover topics such as advertising concepts, art direction, and online marketing
- Fashion Design (BFA)
- Fashion Marketing & Management (BA)
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- AAS in Business Administration - Retail Management
OH has other career options in technology. Look at other career training in Ohio.