Is a career in fashion design right for you?
There can be some big options for ambitious individuals in the broad world of fashion with stimulating, interesting work in development, retail planning, advertising, merchandising, purchasing, multimedia, promotional activities and more.
One of the tricks to securing your primary job in this challenging industry is you should really obtain the suitable professional teaching. (Although knowing a sister or brother in the industry would not hurt either.)
Where Should I Study?
Several of the largest cities in the USA have a college that is dedicated in some way to fashion instruction.
There could be campus-based colleges in some of these larger cities. Or you can also elect to just take all of your lessons completely online.
There are a couple of web-based design colleges and schools that deliver programs and education that may get you ready for your first position within this career segment. These particular institutions may have instruction from some individual classes to a certification of completion or associate degree to a comprehensive four-year Degree in Fashion Marketing.
What Would I Learn?
Considering that many career positions in this industry fuse traditional business with creative facets such as art and design, these institutions will have education in traditional business categories, fashion, style, marketing and related studies.
Many of the individual classes you may enroll in throughout your official diploma preparation should contain:
– clothing basics
– accessory design
– visual merchandising and promotions
– art and core design
– retailing and merchandising
– retail marketing
– sales management
– retail store management
Once you do the combination of business training, fashion products production training, core design education, marketing and merchandising classes, you will begin to assemble the reasonable foundation of information and relevant skills that are necessary for a highly effective career.
What Should I Do Next?
Like most journeys, a new professional career gets underway with just one small action. And you might get started in your brand new journey today.
You should read details regarding individual degrees, curriculum and training programs at these colleges near you.
We have put together a list:
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- AAS in Business Administration - Retail Management
- Looking for an Online Business Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
OK also has career alternatives in technology – Schools of Technology.