So, you’re thinking about becoming a fashion design major?
There are some fun and rewarding job prospects for individuals in the fashion industry with stimulating, vibrant positions in style and design, retail support, advertising and marketing, product merchandising, purchasing, multimedia, administrative support and more.
One of the secrets to landing your initial position in this business is you will have to receive the correct formal training. (Although knowing a relative already in the industry will not hurt either.)
Where Can I Go to School?
A few of the major metropolitan areas in the country are home to a university that is dedicated in some part to fashion education.
You may find campus universities in one of those bigger cities. Or you could instead favor to just take all of the coursework completely online.
There are very few internet based design colleges which provide degree programs and training that will get your prepared for an initial job position in this career segment. These schools could very well provide instruction from a handful of individual courses to a certification of completion or associate diploma to a comprehensive four-year Degree in Fashion Merchandising.
What Might I Learn?
As many career jobs in the segment fuse business with creative essentials such as design and art, these colleges and schools will offer individual classes in traditional business categories, fashion, design, retailing and communications.
A number of of the lessons you may go through while in your formal degree preparation will include:
– basic art and core design
– clothing essentials
– apparel accessories
– product merchandising
– retail marketing
– sales operations
– visual merchandising
– retail administration
As you go through the various traditional business lessons, fashion products creation lessons, style and design training, sales and merchandising curriculum, you will start to come up with the consistent base of awareness and talents that are necessary for a successful career.
What Can I Do Next?
Like all journeys, a new career starts with just a single small action. And you can get started with your brand new journey right now.
You are able to take a look at details regarding individual degrees, curriculum and training programs at these colleges near you or online.
Start with this list:
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- AAS in Business Administration - Retail Management
- Looking for an Online Business Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Fashion careers can be good, but you do have more career options. Continue to see more about information technology programs.