Are you considering a career in the fashion design field?
There may be some good work opportunities for individuals in the business of fashion with stimulating, energetic career positions in design, sales, marketing, product merchandising, buying, media, promotions and more.
One of the strategies to obtaining your primary position in this business is you have to obtain the best formal training. (Although knowing a brother or sister already in the business isn’t going to hurt either.)
Where Would I Study?
Many of the biggest towns in the country are home to a college or university that is centered somewhat to fashion education.
You might find traditional institutions in some of those larger cities. Or you can also opt to complete all of the education totally online.
There are very few web-based specialty colleges which present degree programs and coursework that might prepare you for your first job in this career segment. These particular schools could very well provide education from some individual courses to a certification of completion or associate diploma to a complete four-year Degree in Fashion Merchandising.
What Would I Study?
Considering that lots of occupation jobs in the sector combine traditional business with creative details such as art and design, these colleges offer education in general business areas, fashion, style and design, merchandising and communications.
Many of the individual classes you may enroll in during your formal degree training will include:
– retailing and merchandising
– retail advertising and marketing
– clothing essentials
– apparel accessories
– sales and buying management
– graphic merchandising
– art history and core design
– store administration
While you complete the mix of traditional business classes, fashion and apparel design coursework, style and design training, sales and merchandising curriculum, you will start to construct the strong foundation of know-how and skill sets that are required for a thriving career.
What Should I Do Soon?
Just like all journeys, a next career gets underway with just one small action. And you can certainly start your new journey now.
You are able to read through details about degree levels, classes and education programs at one of these colleges close to you.
You could start with these schools:
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Fashion Design (BFA)
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- AAS in Business Administration - Retail Management
- Looking for an Online Business Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
You have graduate education alternatives in Dallas, Houston and Austin – classes in business.