Fashion offers many different career paths. Maybe one is right for you?
There could be excellent work options for you in the broad world of fashion with fun, interesting work in style and design, retail sales, advertising, product merchandising, purchasing, media, promotional activities and more.
One of the keys that helps with acquiring your first position in this business is you should really acquire the proper formal education. (Although knowing a close friend in the business would not hurt either.)
Where Should I Go to School?
Many of the bigger cities in the country have a college or university that is dedicated in some way to fashion training.
There might be campus-based institutions in one of these larger cities. Or you might also plan to take on all of your coursework completely online.
Right now there are a handful of web-based design colleges or other schools that have degree programs and coursework that can train you for your entry job position in this career field. These schools could supply training programs from a couple of individual classes to a certificate of completion or associate’s degree to a comprehensive Bachelor Degree in Fashion Merchandising.
What Might I Learn?
Because the majority of job roles in the area mix commerce with creative factors such as design and art, these institutions will have instruction in typical business areas, fashion, style and design, merchandising and production.
Some of the classes you may complete within your formal diploma preparation might contain:
– art history & core design
– fashion merchandising
– product marketing & advertising
– sales management
– clothing basics
– merchandising & promotions
– retail operations
Once you complete the various traditional business training, fashion and apparel development instruction, design lessons, marketing and merchandising training, you will begin to put together the substantial foundation of education and skills that are necessary for a thriving career.
So What Do I Do Now?
Like all journeys, a new professional career begins with one single, small action. And you could get started in your brand new journey now.
You should view information regarding degree levels, courses and preparation packages at these colleges close to you or online.
Get started with these schools:
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- AAS in Business Administration - Retail Management
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Business Management & Accounting - Retail Sales Management (AAS)
- Looking for an Online Business Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Salt Lake City and UT offers more education choices. Earn a diploma in business.