Thinking about starting a career as a fashion designer?
There are good options for you in the fashion business with fun, vibrant work in design, sales, marketing and advertising, merchandising, buying, media, promotions and more.
One of the factors for getting your primary position in this industry is you should obtain the proper professional teaching. (Although knowing a sister or parent already in the industry can’t hurt either.)
Where Might I Attend School?
Some of the biggest metropolitan areas in the USA have a university or college that is devoted somewhat to fashion education.
There may be campus-based institutions in some of these larger cities. You might also prefer to take on your lessons entirely online.
There are just a few online design colleges and schools which offer degree programs and coursework that will get your prepared for your first job opportunity within this field. These schools could deliver instruction from just a few classes to a certificate of completion or associate’s diploma to a full four-year Degree in Fashion Design.
What Will I Learn?
Simply because a large number of job positions in the segment combine commerce with creative details such as design and art, these schools will have classes in fundamental business topics, fashion, style, retailing and production.
A few of the classes you may receive during your formal diploma training might just contain:
– basic art and design basics
– sales and buying management
– retail merchandising
– retail marketing
– apparel accessories
– graphic merchandising
– clothing basics
– retail and online operations
As you do the different traditional business lessons, fashion products production training, design and style education, advertising and merchandising sessions, you will begin to put together the solid base of knowledge and abilities that are vital for a long-lasting career.
What Should I Do Now?
Like all journeys, a new professional career gets underway with just a single small move. And you could get started in your exciting new journey right away.
You are able to check out information about degree levels, classes and training packages at one or more schools in your area or online.
This short list can get you started:
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Fashion Design (AS)
- Fashion Design (BA)
- Fashion Design (BFA)
- And more...
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- AAS in Business Administration - Retail Management
- Looking for an Online Business Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Virginia Beach and other VA cities offer more options for schools and career training. Investigate open school programs.