Thinking about going to fashion design school?
You might uncover great job prospects for you in the fashion industry sector with satisfying, vibrant career positions in style and design, retail planning, advertising and marketing, merchandising, buying, public relations, creative support and more.
One of the secrets to landing your initial position in this lively field is you have to obtain the appropriate formal preparation. (Although having a great friend already in the business won’t hurt either.)
Where Should I Study?
Some of the bigger metropolitan areas in the country are home to a school that is targeted somewhat to fashion instruction.
You might enroll at one of the conventional colleges in one of these larger cities. Or you might instead prefer to just take your courses completely online.
There are just a few web based design colleges and schools which offer programs and education that might prepare you for your entry job into this industry. These types of institutions may have training programs from just a few individual classes to a certification or associate degree to a comprehensive four-year Degree in Fashion Design.
What Will I Learn?
As a large number of job roles in the industry blend traditional business with creative aspects such as art and design, these colleges and schools will have courses in standard business topics, fashion, style and design, merchandising and production.
A number of of the individual courses you may take during your formal degree education may well include:
– basic art & core design
– retailing & merchandising
– product advertising & marketing
– sales operations
– clothing essentials
– merchandising & promotions
– store administration
Once you complete the combination of business modules, fashion products production sessions, design and style lessons, promotion and merchandising training, you will begin to construct the sound base of awareness and relevant skills that are vital for a highly effective career.
What Should I Do Now?
Like all journeys, a next career begins with just one small step. And you can get started in your new journey now.
You can go through details about degree levels, curriculum and preparation packages at one of these colleges close to you or online.
Affordable schools you can check out:
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Classes start on August 16
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Fashion Design (AS)
- Fashion Design (BA)
- Fashion Design (BFA)
- And more...
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
Seattle and WA have more schools with other options which you could see at OnlineMBASchools.org.