Why not turn your love for fashion into a great career?
There might be fun and rewarding employment prospects for individuals in the fashion industry sector with satisfying, lively career positions in development, sales, advertising, merchandising, purchasing, media, creative support and more.
One of the key points to obtaining your first position in this challenging industry is you should obtain the suitable professional education. (Although knowing a very good friend in the industry will never hurt either.)
Where Might I Go to School?
Some of the bigger towns in the country have a university that is targeted somewhat to fashion education.
There can be traditional colleges in one of these bigger cities. You could instead make the decision to take all your instruction completely online.
There are just a couple online specialty institutions which provide degree programs and instruction that might get you ready for your entry job opportunity in this career segment. These particular institutions may deliver instruction from just a few classes to a certificate of completion or associate’s degree to a full Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Merchandising.
What Would I Learn?
As a large number of career roles in this niche fuse traditional business with creative elements such as design and art, these colleges or other schools supply individual classes in standard business areas, fashion, style and design, marketing and general studies.
Several of the curriculum you may complete during your formal diploma instruction could contain:
– basic art and design
– clothing concepts
– apparel accessories
– visual merchandising
– fashion merchandising
– product marketing
– sales and buying management
– store management
Once you go through the multiple traditional business courses, fashion and apparel construction sessions, design and style lessons, promotion and retailing coursework, you will begin to create the stable foundation of understanding and talents that are vital for a successful career.
So What Do I Do Now?
Like most journeys, a new professional career starts with just one small step. And you may initiate your brand new journey today.
You could view information regarding degree levels, curriculum and education programs at one of these schools close to you or online.
We have a list of affordable options:
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Fashion Design (BFA)
- Fashion Marketing (BS)
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- BA/Service Management - Mass-market Retail Enterprise Management
There are more college degree choices in Milwaukee, Madison and the rest of WI. So pick a different program in your WI city.